1. Hockey Canada Rules for the 2015 season will apply unless otherwise mentioned hereafter. The League Convener will have the final ruling on any occurrence/interpretation not outlined in these rules. He will also take necessary actions to ensure the League remains as safe and as enjoyable as possible. The League will not tolerate any violent, abusive, and unsportsmanlike behaviour on or off the ice. The League will punish offending players swiftly and harshly.
2. League fees will NOT be refunded to players or teams once the season starts and otherwise, only under exceptional circumstances. Suspended or expelled players will NOT be refunded any League fees.
3. All players must be fully registered and in good standing with the league. They must wear a C.S.A approved helmet and half-shield visor (at minimum) with a proper chinstrap. Goalkeepers will also wear a C.S.A certified facemask. Player's must check with CARHA to understand the requirements and limitation of their insurance coverage (www.carha.ca).
4. If any player skates in any CCHL game under the influence of drugs or alcohol, that player and/or team will be ejected from the game immediately and will face supplementary discipline as determined by the League Convener, which may include possible expulsion.
5. All players, including substitute goaltenders, must be outfitted in an approved League uniform, as determined by the CCHL. All uniforms must be supplied by the CCHL or approved by the CCHL. The CCHL uniform consists of the league supplied jersey. The only reason for a player to be out of uniform will be that the uniform is pending delivery from the CCHL. Team uniforms must be consistent for every member of the team. For ANY violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be assessed to the offending team to start the game.
6. All teams shall designate a Team representative. This team representative shall enter into an agreement with the League, which shall provide for payment of team dues and other related matters. All team representatives will ensure the league is provided with all requested information by the published registration deadline.
7. Players will not be allowed to play for multiple teams (unless approved by the league on an emergency basis). Team representatives are responsible for denoting players competing on multiple clubs, and they shall inform the League Convener. For an infraction of this rule, the offending player shall be assessed a one game suspension.
8. Body checking and overly aggressive play will NOT be allowed in the CCHL.
9. Spare Player Policy: it is recognized there may be times during the season where the use of a spare/fill-in/non-roster player may be required.
- Teams are welcome to use spare players during the regular season, if they are aware a rostered player is going to be absent
- At no time should a team be adding players on top of the regular roster which would exceed a normally full team of players
- No spares will be allowed during play-offs excepting in the case of an emergency (e.g. goalie absence) or absences which would require a team to forfeit because they did not have the minimum required to play a game (as per Rule #14).
- League management has the final say as to when/if spares may be used.