CCHL PLAYOFF RULES SUPPLEMENTAL
- EVERY PLAYOFF GAME IS SUDDEN DEATH ELIMINATION!!
There will be a winner for each game. A tie in at the end of regulation time will cause a sudden death shoot-out to occur.
Game Length: all playoff games will be 3 periods of stop time action and the periods will be 15-15-12 minutes in length.
- Mercy Rule: a 5-goal differential at any point in the game will make the clock/penalties revert to running time. The clock/penalties will revert back to stop time if the score is less than a 5 goal differential at any point in the game.
In the Event of a Tie at the End of Regulation: a three-person sudden death shootout will take place first. If we are still tied after three shooters, we will go with a 1-shooter sudden death shootout until we have a winner.
- A player may only take a one shot per round. In other words, we will work through the entire team (if necessary) in the shootout before a player who has already shot can shoot again.
- Penalized player(s) who have time remaining on their penalty(ies) at the end of the game will not be permitted to partake in the shootout.
Playoff Bracket Seeding: competitors will be re-seeded as the playoffs progress so that the highest surviving seed is made to play the lowest surviving seed in each round, the second-highest plays the second-lowest, etc. The playoff bracket/schedule has been theoretically represented based on this fact. Depending on the outcomes of the games, the bracket/schedule may adjust based on the remaining seeds as the playoffs progress.
Please ensure your full team is in attendance as there will be NO SUBSTITUTES /SPARE PLAYERS ALLOWED (the ONLY exception is for a goalie if an unforeseen situation arises).
- In accordance with Rule 30: Any team that is found to be using players under suspension or ineligible players (i.e. attempting to cheat by bringing in a ringer/suspended /ineligible player) will be subjected to the following discipline: a) The final score of the game in which the illegal player participated will be recorded as a loss for the offending team; b) The League Convenor will have the final say regarding additional discipline (i.e. further suspensions).
- I cannot overstate the importance of this rule. Teams failing to adhere to this policy may have the unfortunate consequence of having their season ended by forfeit!!
MANDATORY PHOTO IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED: for the playoffs, ID checks will be conducted before every playoff game.
- Players during the playoffs who fail to present proper photo identification will not be allowed to play!!
- Sadly, this policy is necessary after an unfortunate incident in a past season...
Regular rules apply and players are cautioned that ANY INAPPROPRIATE /ABUSIVE/VIOLENT BEVAHIOUR will be dealt with severely. Lets not jeopardize the outcomes of your games with any unsportsmanlike/violent/abusive behavior. Offending players will be ejected from the game without hesitation.
- Any suspensions given during the playoffs will carry over from one year to the next. Lets have a great time and stay out of the box!!